Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Kiss Me, I'm Scorish

No, that's not a typo. I meant to type "Scorish". You see there's some debate about ancestry on my father's side of the family. My grandfather was always very adament that we were Scottish. A funny aside, my birthday is the day after St. Patrick's Day. The night before I was born, my grandfather paced the hospital floors anxious that his first grandchild might have a St. Patrick's Day birthday. Me being the people pleaser that I am, waited until the next day to make an arrival.

A few years back, my Uncle B was stationed in Scotland and did some geneolgy on the family. Much to my dismay, as I've been on the "We are Scottish" band wagon since birth, my Uncle B found the grave markers of some of our ancestors in none other than... Ireland.



I made chocolate chip cutouts this time. I figured I'd mix it up a little bit. They were pretty good, but I think I'd use less chocolate chips the next time around.

No I didn't run out of green icing.
Protestant Irish wore orange while the Catholic Irish wore green.
The white in the Irish flag is supposed to represent the peace between the two.
Little bit of St. Patrick's Day trivia.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I'm a much smarter person for visiting your blog! I love your plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, that's what I think whenever I go to yours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete