Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Agent Perry the Platypus

First, I have to admit I had no idea who Perry the Platypus was until about 4 days ago. I guess I'm pretty much out of the cartoon loop.

Earlier in the week, I got a message that a friend's little girl, Lizzy was in the hospital. When I spoke with her dad, he joked that cookies might cure all her ills. I told him to tell Lizzy that she could pick whatever shape or character and I'd make it for her. About 2 seconds later, I started to panic thinking that she might pick a shape or character completely impossible to replicate. When she said Perry the Platypus, I googled him and breathed a small sigh of relief. I knew Perry wouldn't be super easy to decorate, but that he'd probably be doable.

If you're like me and clueless about Perry the Platypus, he's from the cartoon Phineas and Ferb. Here's some more Perry trivia...

According to Wikipedia ("where anyone can write anything about anyone, what can be more accurate?"-Michael Scott from NBC television show The Office), Perry is part domesticated pet platypus of the Flynn-Fletcher family and part secret agent for an all-animal espionage squad. Apparently he's pretty popular.

Lizzy, I hope you enjoy the cookies and more importantly I wish you a speedy recovery!


A Perry the Platypus Pyramid

One of the first images I saw when researching Perry was this bright blue t-shirt with Perry's face on it. These cookies were inspired by the shirt.






1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha, oh my goodness, I LOVE these. LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete