Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Meet Catherine

My sweet cousin Catherine turned Sweet Sixteen last week. About a month ago Judy, her grandma (who is the sister of my grandma) called to order some cookies for Catherine's birthday. Apparently Catherine had specifically requested "Heather cookies" for her birthday.

Naturally, I was honored that she wanted my cookies and I wanted to make something a little more special than the typical birthday cookies. I thought car and road sign cookies might be appropriate for someone that's been itching to drive for the last year (or two or three). In fact the morning of her birthday, she and her dad were at the DMV so she could take her Learner's Permit test. She passed!

A lot of my inspiration is from the cutout cookie ladies on Flickr, including Cookie Crazie, Sweets n Such, and Polka Dot Zebra. Ladies, your cookies are fantastic.


This is from her dad's iPhone and sadly the picture quality isn't the greatest.
I promise I didn't use dull icing colors. However Catherine is a cutie as always.

See I promised the colors were better.

Looks like this driver wasn't paying attention to the road sign. ;-)











No comments:

Post a Comment