Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Mixer Mishap: Part 2

Well in the last post you read that I was without a mixer and still had more cookies to make before Christmas. As much as I loved KAs, I was a little afraid to buy another one. I admit that I may be hard on a mixer, but after reading many (many many many) reviews from KA users, I realized that the product may not be as good as everyone believes. I once thought KA was something that would last forever, but according to my research, the integrity of the current generation KAs is lacking. If you have your grandmother's KA, you probably will be able to use it forever. But if you buy one today, it's lifespan may not be as long as you'd hoped. Please note these are just one blogger's opinions.

I had heard good things about Cuisinart Stand Mixers so I did some homework and decided to go with the Cuisinart 5 1/2 Qt Stand Mixer. As of now, I have all good things to say about it. The splash guard shield is fantastic and there is a slow startup when you first turn it on. So far, I've made a batch of Peanut Butter Blossoms and a double batch of cutout cookies. The mixer handled the 6 cups of flour in the cutout cookies very well. It's a 10 (or maybe 12) cup flour capacity, but I'm a little skeptical. However if it mixes 6 cups at once well, I'll be a happy camper.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your Cuisinart Heather! I have had the 7qt for 2 years now and like you I had not been fond of my KA. May you have many years together! Oh and I showed my carpenter husband what you used a drill for and he loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete