Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Birthday Tara!




Meet Tara


Tara is one of my dearest friends from college. It's true what they say about your college friends being your life long friends. Tara and I were roommates for three years. She was a year ahead of me and looking back I was blessed to be placed with her that first year together.



What I love about Tara and our years together

She's in all my best college memories

Her laugh, which is sometimes kind of like a crazy person's laugh and very infectious

She's intense, but in a good way

I don't know anyone else that would be brave enough to move Germany for work (and not know a lick of German)

In college having someone to share the "joy" of studying all night every night

That her favorite day of the year is Kentucky Derby Day

Renting usually awful movies together at the local Giant Eagle

Being the person that introduced me to the Dutch Blitz card game

My list could go on and on, but I'm so grateful we had each other to count on as we grew into the sometimes silly, sometimes serious ladies we are today.
Love you Tara!

Tara's birthday is in January and I wanted to make her a set of Favorite Things cookies.




In our last year living together in college one of our roommates declared that we actually had birthday weeks, not just birthdays. I think this is appropriate bithday week appareal.

Tara is the ultimate soccer player. She's currently playing in Germany and was featured in her local paper. We all knew she was a soccer rockstar and now Germany is learning the same thing.


Tara is a huge dog lover and the dog in her pack is Shammy, a dog who is as spunky as her owner.


Over the summer Tara went to the Royal Ascot with some friends. These hat cookies aren't as flashy as the ones at the Ascot, but you get the idea.


Tara loves all things Steelers, but then again it's like a pre-requisite if you live near Pittsburgh.



No comments:

Post a Comment