Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's a Penguin Wedding

Every Sunday and Wednesday, I tutor a high school freshman named Krysta. It's always an interesting few hours listening to her thoughts on life, Justin Beiber, stories about the high school musical, track practice, and more Justin Beiber while we're working on her geometry and chemistry...Oh to be young again.

Every so often, I'll bring Krysta and her family a few cookies. The cookies have been very well received. About a month ago, Krysta's dad inquired about me making penguins cookies. Krysta's stepmom was planning a bridal shower and apparently the bride-to-be loves penguins, specifically blue penguins. I'll be making 10 dozen wedding penguins this week. These were my practice cookies from a few weeks ago. The penguin cookie cutters were from Copper Gifts and Wilton's tub of 50 animal cutters.















2 comments:

  1. these are adorable!! But...why blue penguins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my question too. :-) I had never heard of blue penguins before either.

    ReplyDelete