Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving: Round 1

Ding Ding Ding...

In this corner of the ring, we have the always lovely stuffing. It's full of delicious Pepperidge Farm breadcrumbs and chicken broth. Added into the mix are sauted celery, green pepper, and onion. Not to be sacreligious, but celery, green pepper and onion are the food trinity. At least according Emeril Lagasse, (Mr. Let's Kick it up a Notch) and my Dad. Once these ingredients are mixed and baked together, you have the perfect dish. Like a great pair of black shoes, stuffing goes well with everything.

And in the other corner, we have plain old turkey. Yeah it's pretty tasty, but I think all the glory and adoration is hype. Some people unaware to the excellence of stuffing even refer to the holiday as Turkey Day.

This is the debate my husband and I have every year, which is better turkey or stuffing. You can probably guess which team I'm rooting for. Sadly though there are no stuffing cookie cutters. So I only have turkey cookies to share.









No comments:

Post a Comment