Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Do you feel lucky?

Well do ya, punk?!

No these weren't cookies for Dirty Hairy, but I thought Clint Eastwood's famous line was a good post title for cop cookies. The lovely ladies, Leigh and Carly at Redstone Highlands Senior Living Community ordered cookies for the North Huntington Police Department as a thank you. Carly asked if I could make some cookies with a police officer theme. I was a little worried because first I've never done police cookies and second I didn't have any police oriented cookie cutters.

Thank goodness for Copper Kitchen Gifts! They sell every variety of cookie cutter you could imagine and have design ideas for most of the cutters. I didn't have time to order any cutters, but I was able to make templates out of the lids of plastic margarine containers from some of their designs. Then I cut the cookies out by hand. I think the police officers are going to get a kick out of eating gun cookies.



No comments:

Post a Comment